Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sofia

I have mulled over the idea of a blog for a while. When I was in China I found that it was very cathartic to get my ideas out there...and it usually made me a better writer... and observer... when I was writing and observing. Imagine that. But I had not thought about the impending necessity of starting a blog: Naming it. It's like naming a child. Of course it's going to have meaning and of course you want to be creative. So my dear child, blogette, is named Sofia. This is thanks to Steph. Steph, who named her girl's program at Sagemont a couple of summers ago Sofia (which means wisdom in Hebrew), reminding me that so many times my life would be so much easier if I would just shut up and ask for wisdom.

1 comment:

David Duer said...

We bloggers, welcome you to the world of random thoughts, trying to remember to post in a timely manner, and never forgetting to spellcheck.

I personally look forward to your wisdom.

David