Wednesday, March 23, 2005

What's so amazing....

As I was consuming my oatmeal and coffee this morning... breakfast of champions... in between trying to keep the cat's face out of my food I was looking through the book, What's so amazing about Grace... the picture book by Philip Yancy. Some of you may have read the book book, but the picture book, I think, is so much more powerful. As I was looking at it I was thinking about getting it for someone I really love, but realized there was a lot of hesitation there. My Pharisaical deprived mind quickly started thinking, "She knows too much about grace. I need a book called 'What's so amazing about the LAW to give her." Is Andrew Peterson right? Has the church really become nothing more than the second coming of the Pharasees? Have I searched the scriptures day and night and think that I can find life in them?

And yet refuse to come to Jesus?

Jesus was crazy. He wasn't pretty and pristine and he never made sense. Does he today?

No comments: