Monday, April 04, 2005

Spring is Springing

As she usually does, Spring is coming, whether she is invited or not. You can tell it because the azalelas are blloming in Opelika, people are singing for the Spring at Harding and most importantly... people are in love. I have always thought that it was so interesting how the weather, the season, affects our mood and our outlook on the world.

Reasons I love spring:

1. renewal and rebirth
2. outside SMELLS SO GOOD!
3. days last longer
4. less shoes
5. windows down in the car!

I will be updating this list as I see things around me. Let me know why you love spring.

2 comments:

David Duer said...

Growing up, I had always wanted our house to be on the Azalea Trail but my mom told me the brutal truth that our two bushes on the front yard were not enough to make the trail. Personally, I thought our scrawny dogwood tree plus or bushes should make the cut. After all, I wanted to set up my lemonade stand and make some money for legos.

Steve said...

Spring = start of baseball season, picnics, short sleaves, seeing your neighbors out of their house again, being able to put a blanket on the deck and look up at the stars.