Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters, and you, who have no money, come, buy and eat!

Come, buy wine and mile without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread and labor on what does not satisfy?

I have been spending a lot of money on a lot of things that are not satisfying lately.

But, This weekend I spent time at the lake with five other absolutely amazing souls. Women that I have known for over five or six years. We have watched each other grow, and now we gathered to bless one who is starting a new phase in her life. As she has lavished us with love and grace over and over, she will now learn to do the same with her husband. Every one of these girls are amazing in their own way. The ability to sit and be completely at rest, at complete vulnerability, and yet complete saftey, for a whole weeked was something that I really haven't felt in a long time. I knew that there had been something missing for a couple of months, but this weekend, I tasted of the bread, wine and milk that completely satisfies.

If we believe that God's Spirit rests in each of us, then one of the truest forms of worship would be the love that we share with each other though, and to, that spirit. The fulfillment of the body. I think that I came as close to that as I will this side of heaven. I praise God that in all my wonderings, my searching for community, my feelings of lonliness and rejection, that there are people out there that love me, and support me and share a spirit of unity with me, in spite of all my wonderings, my struggles with community, and my feelings of lonliness and rejection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on reading your Blog. You are really amazing in your ability to write your thoughts. Have I told you lately that I admire you.

MOM

Anonymous said...

i love you.