Tuesday, January 24, 2006

For those of you who do not join us on Sun Morning at DF, I wanted to share one of the most profound things I have heard in a while.... something that has haunted me in the rare times I let myself be silent.

"Jesus didn't die so that we wouldn't have to die. Jesus didn't suffer so that we wouldn't have to suffer. Jesus died to teach us how to die. Jesus suffered to teach us how to suffer."

Teach me how to die.

Teach me how to suffer.

Thanks Greg for helping me ask the right questions.

5 comments:

Brian T. Murphy said...

kara - you have to hear this new song we're working on at RMC. it's about what you are writing about here. I can't get it out of my head.

Anonymous said...

so i guess people don´t know that just cuz your in another country doesnt mean you cant be reached. i have no emails. . .hmmm. do i have friends? sheesh. and tell your boyfriend that my xanga is for people to comment about what a clever genius i am and not about how amazing yada yada yada his girlfriend is:)
get a room! or your own couple blog site! HA! Thats hilarious, man that would be so funny that i would pass it along to others to view!
central america is the bomb.
and we didn´t take st. louis pictures cus no one had a camera that worked. i don´t know why ana isn´t logging each event, shes weird.

Kara Newby said...

Brian- is song on the new gadsby CD? I swear you have talked about it so much, you know i can't wait to hear it.

Steph, Ms. Latina, I miss you desperately when you are away. I keep thinking of times I want to call you, but you are in freakin Guatemala. Don't hate on me because you fled the country, ok?

Brian T. Murphy said...

kara - yes. was up till 4am working on it last night. this record is going to be so great.

remember when you used to update this thing? that was cool.

Anonymous said...

ok i'm not gonna check this daily anymore. . cuz you aren't posting daily. . .anymore?