Thursday, June 01, 2006

Living vs. Watching

"life is a B-movie, it's stupid and it's strange, it's a directionless story, and the dialogue is lame, but in the he-said, she-said, sometimes there's some poetry if you turn your back and let it happen naturally."
-Ani DiFranco

Due to recent events I have come to realize that I need to read books and watch movies to leave reality. I DO NOT need to think that books and movies ARE reality.

There has been some poetry in my life lately, but sometimes I want the movie version.

I pray for fresh eyes. Eyes to see, Ears to hear and a mind to see afresh the reality I live in- without irrational expectations of those around me. With grace and thankfulness for what I am given.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wise words for one so young! With eyes that see and ears that truly hear the reality of your life, will come the sweetest poetry that you will cherish even more as the years fly away.

Greg said...

Even the ordinary is a sacramental vessel of grace, and learning to enjoy the reality that is given into our hands, and be thankful - this is true wisdom!