Tuesday, April 18, 2006

LOVE




I have been thinking about LOVE a lot lately, and not just because I'm supposed to be in it. This weekend was pretty intense for a lot of reasons, reasons that I'm not really going to get into here in cyberland, but on Sat night I read 1 Cor 13 , and really wondered if according to that standard, I can ever really accomplish love. What's even more is that Jesus comes along and raises the bar even higher saying that I not only need to adhere to these standards with these people that I like- that I enjoy spending time with, hug on, and laugh with, but he brings me into this discussion and tells me that I'm supposed to love-the same word as 1 cor 13- my enemies. It does not boast. It does not delight in wrong, it does not envy. Always hopes. Always trusts. Can I ever love?

To lighten this a little, I have included some long overdue pictures of some people that I love in my half hearted, failing way. I haven't been able to post these because Adam has had them on his computer. These are from when he and I went home to see Cecilia Grace, my beautiful new niece (which Adam is holding in one of the pics), the other is of me, my sister and brother, and the last is of me and one of my nephews, Noah, the oldest.

I really do pray that somehow in spite of all our hurt, anger bitterness baggage, somehow the light and love of Christ shines through the brokenness to redeem our failed attempts to love.

3 comments:

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

i adore the pictures, so great and fitting. you three are such lipsmeyers, wow. please invest in some growth stopping agent to keep noah cute, young and innocent so we can take him to chuckecheese again.

ok dear, i want you to know i love you. i do. but i'm a little perturbed with you right now for not calling me back. i know this isn't the place but, kara darling call your hoe back dawg. why you gotta hate? please let other people love YOU.

as for the post, i hear ya. i hear ya. and i have no idea if its possible-at all. these are the things that make me doubt jesus was legite. seriously, this love is not possible. no way.

as if the Shema wasn't hard enough, then he had to throw in the ol' neighbor schpiel. who is this guy?

PS could you please tell the New-Boy to get off his fertilizing arse and get to posting. he's about to lose his spot on my bookmarked list. grassy-ass. :)

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

PSS your worlds are colliding again. first al, then origami, now i've been talking out of my ass on your church friends sites. i'll try to save your reputation as long as i can. :) let me know when you want to interrupt my life.

Brian T. Murphy said...

that 1 cor stuff pisses me off. you always hear these lame pastors talk about that passage at weddings, as if it describes what men and women are capable of. All that passage does is describe what I'm really bad at.