Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Oh the Places you will go

One of the things that I do here with Impact, is go on vision screenings in random Alabama towns. This is always an adventure for a wide variety of reasons...

Yesterday I saw a poster that had a plastic strawberry, Carrot, and and tomato adhered with clear mailing tape. In big bold letters (so the kids can read it better) the mind-stimulating piece of educational information said:

"THESE ARE THINGS THAT GROWS"

Maybe it's better that they can't read.

4 comments:

Brian T. Murphy said...

the less children can read, the less likely they are to read the bible, which I think is a good thing. I think we should pass a new law banning the bible for children.

I'm tired of freedom.

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

i nominate brain t. murphy for President in '08.
(mis spelling is on purpose for literary effect)

Kara Newby said...

Brian- Adam really enjoyed coming to Red Mountain Sunday. The music rocked as usual. Oh, and I think I'm going to post this on your blog, too, but one of my kids (very black) told me he got his easter suit yesterday. You guessed it- Seersucker. Nothing like the resurrection to bring out the republican in everyone.

Kara Newby said...

chuck- true, true. Maybe they are reminding themselves.

Bonita- Hmmm wouldn't that be an interesting world. You should check out his newest post. You will either find it extremely revolting or Highly hilarious.