Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Your Mom's blog

My mom has a blog now. I made it for her on Christmas Eve. She hasn't really blogged about anything, but my plot is to get her to start writing- she really is a good writer- by asking random people, like you who are reading right now (yes, you...I'm talking to you) to go to her site and comment and tell her to start writing.

In the meantime, a baby is going to come out of my sister tomorrow. I still think the whole thing is really a little freaky- slightly reminiscent of aliens. The whole idea that life grows inside of other life, completely dependent, like a parasite, just weirds me out a little. But I get a beautiful niece from it all, and I don't have to be there for the blood and mucus and gross stuff, so I think I totally get the better end of the deal. Say a little prayer for health. I think that Becca's a little freaked out right now.

Holy protector, wrap the mother and child in your loving arms and keep them both near. Whisper peace over the worried mother and father. Now and forever. May it be so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea well you need to set up her site so non-bloggers can shout out. i just wrote a long comment and couldn't post. Grrrrrr.

Kara Newby said...

I just fixed it. Sorry about the frustration...

David Duer said...

Kara,
You might want to turn on the word verification option on your mom's blog. She has not received any spam comments but it should prevent any from happening.