Sunday, November 06, 2005

I can't make this stuff up

I went to this concert and the opening woman played a song called supermodels. She talked about how her friend was having a bad day, and she was trying to convince her that things like character, and inner beauty were more important, and then the most georgous woman floats by. The chorus of the song says something like,

"I hate supermodels. It's not that any of us actually know one. I just hate being compared to them."

It was a good, funny, entertaining song. Because she's right... who does know a supermodel?

The other day in practice Stephen calls and says, "I think that my friend is going to come by and be a guest judge for practice this afternoon."

"Ok, sounds great."

"And then I think that I might have her talk for a little bit. You know, the whole, 'follow your dreams bit."

"Um.... ok....what does she do?"

"She's Miss America"

Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.


But then she called and said she couldn't make it. Stephen passed the phone around to let them talk to her. It was lame, but I can't say that I was disappointed.

Ms. Singerwoman, you're wrong. Some people do know them. And bring them to practice. To talk about following your dreams. Welcome to my life.

3 comments:

Brian T. Murphy said...

One time I was working at a hotel and ms. alabama came to stay, and she was bringing her harp with her. The harp was really big, and I said to her as we were unloading her car: "you should play guitar, it's much more portable, and a lot cooler than the harp". She didn't laugh.

The best way to make a guy completely unattracted to you is to start competing in pageants.

Brian Harrison said...

A friend and I came so close to staying at the apartment of one of these supposed supermodels in Manhattan. She was married and had a kid, though. -And then she cancelled on us at the last minute and we had to stay with this nice mother who read a bunch of trashy romance novels. I was very disappointed.

Anonymous said...

oh c'mon kara. . . why do you have to lie. we all know that YOU were the Miss America said Stephen was referring too (rolling eyes now) sheesh. i mean really hello??? You don't have to be so humble- gawwwh. you make me so jealous. you "worm" my heart.